Every year we head to Birr in Co. Offaly for what has become the top game fair in the country. With everything relating to hunting, fishing, shooting, and lots more, there's something for everyone. And the food is great too.
The organisers of the Game Fair have picked the best location for the fair in Birr Castle, as the site not only enhances the event but is also centrally located and have good road access for visitors. It is a traditional venue that reflect the ethos of the fairs – that of bringing country sports, conservation and agricultural interests together for the sustainable development of the countryside and the preservation of the rural way of life.
You will find some of the following at the fair and lots more:
- Horse & Hounds parade
- Living History
- Jousting with Knights of the Damned
- Sporting Organisations like NARGC, FISSTA, CAI, IFA Countryside, HAI, IWTF and the Deer Societies
- The Salmon & Woodcock Pavilion
- Huge Tented Villages of Trade Stands
- The All Ireland Stick Makers Championships
- and lots lots more.
We hope to see you all there.